Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Heart is Breaking for Haiti

I know there have been alot of disasters and there are so many people in need all over the world and in our own backyard! Right now it seems that the people of Haiti just can't get a break! I watch their faces on tv and on the news and they look so lost, just so very sad and not knowing what to expect next, is it going to be another earthquake, riots from hunger, fires? Where are their neighbors? What about their own family??? Can you just imagine? I know that there have been some here that have felt like that because of one situation or another either from say a run-away child, to an ill-fated pregnancy to 911, Katrina, the Oklahoma bombing (in my own backyard!), a house-fire so many many crisis' what if you were asked to donate a kidney, etc....the decision making process....just the very alone feeling the feeling of no one to turn to and not knowing which way to turn, who to trust, where to go??? Ok, I'm just thinking out loud.

Anyway, I am going to donate 5% of any of my profits to the Red Cross, it won't be much trust me! If it reaches $20 it will be some!! LOL....but it will be some! My grandson's school is also having a *Pennies* war to donate to the Red Cross so we are collecting *Pennies* it can be anything but the kids LOVE the pennies idea! NO!!!...I am not asking for Pennies...lol...just wanted to share what our school is doing! Oh, I will be doing this until Valentine's Day, February 14, 2010!!


I am also going to donate .15 cents for every comment....hopefully this will add up and won't make people feel they have to purchase anything to help out...again it's not much but hopefully it will add up!!!

For those of you who don't know I have custody of 2 grandchildren they are 9 and 14..They have felt a bit sorry for themselves at times because of their situation that none of us asked for or expected...this is helping them realize how fortunate they are....I am praying that this will help my kids in a round-a-bout way with their situation. I was so very happy when some of the orphans were able to come! Knowing that my children will someday may be put up for adoption really hit home to me to know that these children will have a home. They have been with us for almost 3 years. I cannot go into details but we love them very much!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not think I am doing this to increase my profits/orders but it is only ONE way *I* know to help this precious people out! If I don't get any orders trust me I will help out in other ways. I will not stand back and not help, darn I wish I could go there and help...LOL...they would end up KICKING ME OUT!!!!

Thank you for listening to me think aloud. Thank you for any prayers you can send these people. Even if you don't order please help out in any way you can prayers are so powerful and they are worth as much as any monentary amount could ever be!!! Etsy has a store set up also, I will get the information on here later on....

May your day be peaceful!

I do want to also let you know that Stampin' Up! has decided to do this:
From now until February 28, 2010, $2 from every I {Heart} Hearts stamp set you sell will be donated to the American Red Cross’ Haiti Relif and Development Fund. The Red Cross is already well-established in Haiti, and this money will be used to provide immediate relief and long-term support through supplies, technical assistance and other support to help those in need.


25 comments:

  1. I think what you are doing for the people of Haiti is wonderful.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a sweet thing you are doing! My heart goes out to the people of Haiti as well! All those hurricanes and now this... and hurricane season is not that far away! I hope and pray they can be spared any more disasters this year. Let them catch their breath and rebuild and be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful that you are doing this. Those people need all the help they can get ~ we heard today that many of the food items that are being donated are being stolen ~ can you imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out to the people of Haiti. Thank you for being willing to help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debi,
    Just wanted to let you know I sent you a pm on PC Crafter board! Nice to know that my purchases will be helping in some small way! Thank you :-) CM2

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes...thanks for helping..if not people like yourself and us out here how would they get thru all this..I too have sent clothes to local churches and our town is doing things for Haiti..thanks again..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somewhere I read that sometimes when tragedy hits us we seem to think that God has forgoten about us. But then they say that it is at this hard moments when God ask us for an answer. So even though it is sad and hard, we have to do what is at our hands to help those people in Haiti. So they can see that the world hasn't let them down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had the money to order Debi, because I think you're doing a fantastic thing here. Hopefully my comment will help in some small way.
    You're a caring, sweet lady & it's an honor to be able to call you a friend!!
    -hugs-

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful thing for you to do. I wish you luck.
    Moe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debi, this is a very wonderful thing you are doing! Sending lots of hugs your way!
    Lorie - ScoobyinWY

    ReplyDelete
  11. BIG hugs and love ((((((Debi )))))) for you for doing this. I am praying daily for the people of Haiti as well as all of the rescue workers, doctors, nurses, etc. I can't order anything..doing our best to help family that has been unemployed for over a year.
    Linners

    ReplyDelete
  12. My thoughts are with the people of Haiti as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How thoughtful, I will tell everyone I know to come to your site and will post a link on my blog, IF you would like for me to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How very kind of you! I wish I had more money... I want to fly over there and take charge and get everything to the people that truly need it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can hardly watch what's going on in Haiti. We donated $ thru the Red Cross. These poor babies.
    My parents are in a nursing home & there are a lot of Haitians working there. I asked about them & their families & some of them have lost members. How very sad. I,too, wish I could go there & help.
    May God watch over them.
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Our hearts are just so full when we look at the sad faces of the children. Bless you for doing this.
    Hugs, Sharron

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so sweet to donate money for our comments. I hope you get a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for doing this, I can't leave without helping either!

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for such a caring heart ! I hope you get lots of help.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think you are doing a great thing for the people of Haiti!! Thanks for being so caring!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful thing to do. Bless you for being so kind and thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Debi,
    Thanks for doing what you can for the Haiti people. My best talent/gift from God is painting and I've put up one of my painted items on ebay to raise funds for this cause. If each of us does what they can, God will bless our offerings. And I love your blog. I have many SU items (sister was a demonstrator) and am glad to see they now offer clear stamp sets. Will check them out here!
    Cindy
    Up In Northern Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think what you are doing is wonderful God Bless you katina :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think this is a great thing you are doing for Haiti. I also think it's wonderful that you have taken on the responsability of raising your 2 grand children. I am in the same situation, I have my 2 grandsons, 7 and 9, that I have guardianship of as well.

    Jill...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. debi, you have a heart of gold. every little bit helps. :)

    ReplyDelete